Summer Bike commuting! Getting around your city on a bike, can be tough in the summer if you don’t want to arrive at your destination sweaty and overheated.
So I asked the Shifter community for some advice on keeping cool while riding in the summer. And I received dozens of great ideas.
Here I’m presenting all of your great ideas back to you. Hopefully, some of these top tips will help you stay riding through some of those dog days of summer.
20 Tips to stay cool while summer bike commuting:
- 0:00 – Introduction
- 1:36 – Use Panniers
- 2:05 – Slow down
- 2:33 – Walk up hills
- 3:02 – Calm, fluid pedaling
- 3:22 – Ride in the mornings or evenings
- 3:45 – Stay hydrated
- 3:55 – Avoid coffee (sorry)
- 4:21 – Find sprinklers
- 4:49 – Sunscreen
- 5:13 – Fully inflate tires
- 5:22 – Tight, lubricated chain
- 5:47 – Cool shower
- 6:15 – Towel dry
- 6:34 – Baby wipes
- 6:45 – Embrace the sweat
- 7:12 – Ride an e-bike
- 7:38 – Don’t be a masochist
- My City Hates Me Because I Ride A Bike
- Best Way To Carry Stuff On Your Bike Commute
- Do You Need Cycling Mirrors For Your Bike Commute?
- Three Ways Your City Can Improve Winter Cycling
- 12 Ways Of Carrying Coffee While Riding A Bike
- Ride A Bike In Winter On Snow And Ice Without Falling
- Electric Fat Bike As My New Winter Commuter?
- How A Proper Bike Lane Makes Your Life Better
- Car-free Bike Rides! The Magic of Roads No Longer Dominated by Automobiles
Thank you and please join me for new upcoming videos
Thank you for joining us and watching my video. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please let us know in the comment section below.
Also, don’t forget to support my channel by subscribing and sharing this video. And check out the links below.
Buy my book Frostbike: The Joy, Pain and Numbness of Winter Cycling: www.amazon.ca
Here’s the winter bike I’m riding these days: www.prioritybicycles.com
Also, don’t forget to check out my website at: Shifter.info