We were reminded this week that we owe an update on the 16-inch Brompton Continental Contact Urban tire. These tires were created by Continental specifically for use on the Brompton folding bike.
- Brompton 6 To 3 Speed Conversion
- Brompton Brooks Saddle And Grips Upgrade
- New 2020 Brompton Borough Roll Top Bag
- Brompton Metro Pouch – Again!!! By Brilliant Bikes
- Brompton Electric 2 Speed Vs 6 Hill Climb Comparison
- The Most Essential Brompton Maintenance Tip – Clean It!
- Brompton 2020 CHPT3 Folding Bike
- How To Unfold And Fold Your Brompton
- Getting The Most Out Of Your Brompton Electric
- Brompton Borough Medium (Roll Top) Bag
- Brompton Quad Lock Phone Mount
A year ago (April 5, 2020) we installed a pair of Brompton Continental Contact Urban tires and inner tubes. Now it’s March 2021, and here is our review of them.
Since then, these Continental tires and the Brompton they were installed on has done (according to Strava), 1,400 miles / 864 Kilometers.
This has included some long rides around London and the Home Counties. We’ve also ridden over broken glass with them (that we didn’t see, but did hear crunch).
In this video, we show you how these tires looked when they were new compared to old (after a year of riding almost 1000 miles).
About Brompton Continental Contact Urban tires
Continental’s legendary Contact tires are designed for city riding, packed with puncture protection technology, a reflective side wall and light rolling resistance the Contact makes cycling in urban environments fast and effortless. The introduction of the Contact Urban for Brompton riders makes navigating through the city, easy.
The tire is made up of three layers, Continental’s pure grip compound provides great grip on on the road even in the wet, and beneath is the SafetyPro Breaker, a cross-woven fiber betthing that is both robust and flexible for maximum puncture protection without adding weight.
The tire is specifically designed for use with Brompton wheels and Brompton Electric.
- Reflective side wall.
- E25 e-bike rating for speeds up to 25km/h.
- Suitable for all Brompton bicycles and Brompton Electric.
- Puncture protection, in tests by Continental provides more puncture resistance versus competitor Brompton tires.
- Low rolling resistance.
- Weight: 275g.
Weight compared to other Brompton tires:
- Continental weighs 275 g.
- Marathon weighs 420 g.
- Marathon Plus weighs 480 g.
- Marathon Racer weighs 300 g.
- Folding Kojak weighs 185 g.
- Wired Kojak weighs 175g.
Tire pressure compared to other Brompton tires:
- Continental 65-116 psi (4.5-8 bar).
- Marathon 65-110 psi (4.5-7.5 bar).
- Marathon Plus 65-110 psi (4.5-7.5 bar).
- Marathon Racer 65- 110 psi (4.5-7.5 bar).
- Schwalbe One tan wall 65-100 psi (4.5- 100 bar).
- Folding Kojak 70-115 psi (5-8 bar).
- Wired Kojak 70-115 psi (5-8 bar).
Thank you and please join us for new upcoming videos by Brilliant Bikes
Thank you for joining us and watching our video. If you have any questions, comments or suggestions please let us know in the comment section below.
To find out more about Brilliant Bikes, visit: https://brilliantbikes.co.uk/