Bike commuting to work today with some arm cooler sun sleeves to protect my skin and bike faster.
Why wear sun sleeves?
Sun sleeves are an essential accessory for protection against UV rays. Sun sleeves provide weightless protection at UPF 50+ that will last all day and actually have a cooling effect when you put them on! These fabric sleeves mean there’s no need to apply and reapply sunscreen.
Do sun sleeves make you ride faster?
I can’t say for sure but they do protect your skin from the sun and the road if you fall!
The Pearl Izumi arm coolers I’m using in this video are UPF 50 tested when stretched up to 30%.
About UPF ratings
UPF ratings are clothing scores for sun UV ray protection. Ultraviolet Protection Factor. It protects against UVA and UVB rays, unlike sunscreen that is not broad spectrum type.
UPF numbers decrease when a fabric is stretched or very wet. Sweat should not be a problem though.
UPF 30 is good (blocks 29/30=96.7%), UPF 50 is excellent (blocks 49/50=98%).
How long should sun protection fabric last?
Sun protection fabric should last for many cleaning cycles and only drop in UPF once looking faded and are ready to be replaced anyway.
Benefits of using UPF clothing over sunscreen
The main benefit of using UPF clothing over sunscreen is the fact it lasts all day without needing to be reapplied.
Disadvantages of using UPF clothing
The main disadvantage of using UPF clothing over sunscreen is that it can feel hotter when not wet with your own sweat, so ride harder! Humid climate helps with that.
TIP: Wear sunglasses that protect your eyes against the suns UV rays too!
PRO TIP: Drink more water!
Pearl Izumi Sun Sleeves featured in this video: CLICK HERE
Map of my bike ride: CLICK HERE
Video – Sunscreen Tip Of The Day Avoid Skin Cancer Commute Bike Blogger: CLICK HERE
MORE BIKEBLOGGER ON YOUTUBE: CLICK HERE
- Bicycle Comfort Tip Of The Day: Night Commute
- Save Your Handlebars: Use Bar Tape!
- How To Cut A Bike Fork And Install Crown Race
- Backup Bike? My Bike Commute Home
- Platform Pedals And Shoe Damage Bike Commuting
- What I Wear On A Bike Commute
- Why I Ride My Bike On The Sidewalk
- Heat Index 105? NOPE, Early Morning Clip Show!
- Bicycle Fender Noise: How To Prevent!
- HAPPY HALLOWEEN Scary Night Bike Ride
- 2020 Election Night Bike Ride By BikeBlogger!
- GPS Compass App For A Bike Commute
- ACTION Camera Bike Tips by BikeBlogger
- WAHOO RPM Speed Sensor: How To Install And Test
- THE DECEMBER CYCLIST Cold Bike Ride Along
- The Bicycle Point Of View by BikeBlogger
- TOE COVERS For Winter Cycling
- How To Wrap Bar Tape! Origin8 SOFTAC PERF
CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE: http://bikeblogger.com