Today my Xootr scooter buddy Jorge and his son David joined me for a kick scooter ride (The Three Musketeers on kick Scooters) on the Whittier Greenway Trail in Whittier, CA.
Across the board, it was a perfect ride. The weather was sunny and cool. Not much wind. Nobody talked about politics, religion, or the other fellow’s wife. Just guy talk: about our scooters, about the trails we ride, about books we read, about David’s work, about what’s for dinner tonight.
The three Musketeers on kick scooters
Three strong, I felt as if we were the Three Musketeers, from Alexandre Dumas’ 1844 novel. Three chivalric French swashbucklers fighting for justice. Athos, Porthos, and Aramis. Wheeling along on our three Xootr scooters. Ready to supply aid to any citizen in need, or help out any damsel in distress.
- Xootr Street And The Street Where You Live
- A Familiar Scooter Route & Living On The Trail
- Your Feet Did Not Swell In Los Angeles
- Scooted In Los Angeles Among Light And Shadows
- Trail Of Life Ride With A Xootr Scooter
- Today’s Transportation Revolution With Julio Toruno
- Xootr Street Scooter Ride And The Great Egret
- Big Day For An Adult Scooter Ride And Birds
- Know Your Limits On A Kick Scooter Ride
- Solo Scooter Ride And A Woman Named Damaris
- Reflect On Change Of Human-Powered Devices
- Modern-Day Pandemic Hobos On Xootr Scooters
- Meet My New Xootr Scooter Girlfriend
- Feeling Good On Today’s Ride With Xootr
- The SwiftyONE MK3 Kick Scooter Vs Xootr
- Give Me The Simple Life On A Xootr!
- Scouting The Trails For a Specific Scooter Ride
- Riding A Xootr Scooter And Fractal Of Life
On the trail
People on the trail were unusually friendly: groups of walkers out for a 5 K, each wearing a numbered label taped to their shirt fronts. Many walkers out with their dogs. A Public Works guy in his truck who gave us the warmest of smiles and greetings as he got out of his truck.
At the street crossings, every motorist would stop and wave for us to pass. Perhaps we had strength in numbers, as a threesome instead of as a solo rider.
Guirado Park to Greenbush Avenue is six miles round trip. Perfect for our outing for today.
A simple ride with future plans
After the pain and suffering of the week past, which for me included the death of a much loved family dog, it felt very good to have a simple ride, where everything worked, everything felt good, nobody got hurt, and we could comfortably make plans for future rides.
The memory of all of this, of a part of a life, I suppose, should bring smiles to our faces. La vie continue.
Don’t forget to check out my website at JonathanKelley.net.
Get your copy now of Senior on a Xootr Scooter
Senior on a Xootr Scooter by Jonathan Kelley is now available on Amazon in both Kindle for $12.00 and Paperback for $25.00.