QUESTION FOR XOOTR SCOOTER:
Hey Steve, I have a question about Xootr scooter brakes. Currently, I ride a Xootr Street scooter, a mile to the farmers market a few times a week, and then a mile back. I love how sturdy it feels while riding, and how small it gets when folded up.
I can easily carry it on my shoulder with the handy carry strap, while shopping at the market. Overall, it’s an incredible adult scooter, and rides better than any other kick scooter I’ve tried or ever owned.
But I do have a question about the Xootr scooter brakes compared to other models I’ve owned. I know that most adult kick scooters only have a foot brake in the back, making them suitable for flat ground riding only. The Xootr scooter on the other hand has both a front and back brake, making it safer for stopping on slight declines.
Having two brakes is a great feature, but what I wanted to ask is, why don’t Xootr Scooter’s use regular caliper brakes like a bicycle? And if not would you ever consider adding this feature to your scooter’s? I’m thinking that having maybe two mini caliper brakes, with two hand brakes might make the Xootr scooter safer while riding down hills.
- How Long Does A Xootr Scooter Last
- The Xootr MG Is The Best Adult Kick Scooter, PERIOD!
- Xootr Scooter Adventure And Genesee Riverway
- How To Install A Xootr Scooter Carry Strap
- Why Are Xootrs The Best Adult Kick Scooters
- Xootr Scooter Is The Multimodal Commuting King
- What’s A Xootr Scooter’s Top Speed
- How Many Xootr Scooter Models are there?
- Replacement Parts For Older Xootr Scooter
- Why Have Xootr Scooter Prices Increased?
- Why Are Xootr Scooter Front Forks Angled Backwards?
ANSWER FROM XOOTR SCOOTER:
Thank you for being a Xootr scooter rider, and that’s an excellent question. Here at Xootr, we’re constantly looking for ways to improve our scooter’s, which is difficult to do, due to their high quality.
The reason why the Xootr scooter brakes are designed the way they are is because they are simple to maintain, and don’t effect the way our scooters fold. Due to the fact that adult kick scooters are completely different than bikes, it’s hard to design brakes that function well, but are still easy and affordable to maintain. We truly believe we accomplished that goal, as rider safety is very important to us.
To find out more about Xootr scooters click: HERE!